Thursday, July 23, 2009

Doll Quilt Swap plus some updates

SOOOO... today is the day we should be finding out who our swap partners are!!! I'm excited and a little nervous (never done this type of swap before). It's a secret though..... we can leave little hints but nothing too obvious. I'm looking forward to trying to figure out which one will come live with me!!

Below are the blankets I sent off to Craft Hope. Just little receiving blankets with cotton on one side and flannel on the other - and some cute stitching around to keep it all together!

And here are a couple of photos of a quilt i finished this past weekend as a wedding gift. I have to admit that it was difficult to part with it. I love those Amy Butler fabrics mixed with batiks and prints. It was the first time I had stippled a whole quilt. I've stitched in the ditch and done some straight stitch quilting and stippled a couple of small wall hangings, but not a big (well lap size!!) quilt fully stippled. I was pretty proud of myself and thought it really turned out well. Not too many "noticeable" bloops!!!






this is the "flip side" of the quilt. I backed it with a cream tone on tone and stripped in some of the extra 4-square patches and pieces of left over fabrics. I liked the overall effect.

Off to create some more.....











1 comment:

laura said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the fabrics, but also how you put it all together. Good for you for diving in and stippling. It can be a little daunting at first but it looks like you got the hang of it right away. Beautiful wedding gift!!