Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fast & Fabulous

I was a winner of a blog contest, around Spring Market time, that Gudrun from G.E. Designs had promoting her new pattern book - Fast & Furious. (follow the link above to her blog - VERY talented lady) Again - THANK YOU Gudrun - love the book.





Yesterday morning I decided that I wanted to make the beach bag from Fast & Furious for a friend who is moving away. She was coming over last night for book club and we wanted to fill it with a few "momentos" - things we had laughed about throughout the past year - and a few things she would hopefully enjoy in her new house on the beach! By the time I came home from the fabric store to buy some 2 1/2" strips ('cause my stash is mostly made up of fat quarters at the moment and you need 42" strips) I didn't get started until lunch time. A couple of breaks, lunch, pick ups from camp and it was completed by 5:30! It's a quilt as you go pattern - sewing directly onto the batting and lining. FABULOUS. I have to admit to cheating a little and machine sewing the binding on the top down as I had run out of time and I still had dinner to make before my guests arrived. My only little "comment" is that there isn't an inside pocket - kinda hard to do when you're quilting as you go, i know - but next time (and there will be one very shortly!) I will hand sew one in.


Cannot wait to try some of the other projects along with Gudrun's "Anytime Placemats" which she posted last week as part of the Minnesota Blog Hop. Go check it out, if you haven't already. Lots of fun and some prizes too!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lulabellesview said...

Great bag! And so colorful too - very nice.